Tuesday, May 12, 2009

i will celebrate and i will guide them

... rehearsal Saturday and my second time

This weekend was rehearsal Saturday. A good part of the choir met at a local community centre in order to spend the next 7 to 8 hours learning new songs. Rehearsal Saturday is always fun and especially the food and the lunch break (as well as the coffee break) is what people look forward to. Our conductor in particular advises everybody 2 weeks in advance to bring along some delicious dishes to rehearsal Saturday but then only eats about 1 small plate of one of the dishes... Strange.
Usually, rehearsal Saurday also means a small number of games being played, so as to get acquainted - the new singers to the old ones, and vice versa. As at least one of those games tends to be played without shoes on, I even reminded Robert to wear clean and undamaged socks! But no Lena appeared, S. came about 2 hours late, and no games where played. Bummer! =(
Nevertheless, it was a good day, especially, as we rehearsed one song that was completely new to the choir and I am sure will sound wonderful in the end! I will celebrate!

Monday meant my second time as a guide - and two tours instead of just one. The first one was not as much fun as I had hoped it would be. For some reason, the tourists seemed to not really respond to what I told them. And it is really hard to find out wether you are doing a good job if nobody reacts to you! Serendipitously (what a word! =D ), there was a second, and different, tour on that day - and this time I was not a guide but a host, so that some time in the future I would be able to and allowed to guide that tour as well. It was a huge (and slightly unpleasant) surprise to me, when the actual guide asked me to take over some parts of guiding because she wasn't feeling very well. I did my best, and as the guests knew I was still learning, they received my efforts well.
This second tour was 2 hours longer than the tours I had done so far and I must admit, after 7 hours of guiding, of organizing and keeping track of things and persons, of being present and available, I was knackered! I went to bed early (by my standards) and though I had planned to listen to some music so as to get properly sleepy, I fell asleep as soon as I lay in bed.

Wednesday (tomorrow!) will be my next tour... Keep your fingers crossed ( - might be easier than "daumen druecken", concerning eating and writing ;) - ) and wish me luck.

for now
"from all of us here, we wish you a happy painting, and God bless you, my friend"

2 comments:

M. said...

But even with fingers crossed, some tasks become challenging nonetheless :-P

gaelic lupin said...

well, a Challenge is almost always a good thing and should be accepted! =D