Tuesday, May 19, 2009

some days, some people

... are nonviable in the outside world

Me, for example.
Today was such a day, and today I was such a person.

Everything was alright as long as I stayed indoors. I had coffee with Robert, waved a fond goodbye to him, checked my e-mails, ate something, searched for 2 very important letters that had gone astray (but didn't find them, of course), and decided to go to my bank.
Going to my bank was necessary because of my lack of viability in the outside world.
I've forgotten my PIN...
(You know how easily I forget things - my PIN, obviously, is one of those)
"Never mind!", I thought to myself. Just go to your bank and tell the clerk that you, as a person aged mid-twenty, have forgotten your PIN, just like any Eighty year old with Alzheimer's would do...
Nevertheless, I went there, described my case to them, and was told to hand in my cash card. Which, of course, I did. Unfortunately, I was told that, as I had two days ago failed 3 times to key in my correct PIN (which is extremely easy when you've forgotten the right numbers!), I would be sent everything new by mail. Next week.
My cash card was chopped in front of my very eyes and I, hardly believing the impassive manner of the clerk, just so managed to withdraw some money, before being send home with a nod and a smile.
Should I mention that, somewhere between the cashier's desk and home, I lost the money I had withdrawn?
(Though, I don't remember the clerk actually giving the money to me. Which, as you and I know, does not necessarily mean, he didn't give it to me...)

Bloody hell! How stupid can 1 person be???

Now I have little money to speak of, no cash card, and another PLUS is: I can't transfer any money because for my bank I am some form of a persona non grata as long as I don't have a cash card.

I should have just stayed inside! I should have called my bank because of the PIN. I should have paid attention to what I did with the money.

Maybe that's something I should realize in general: Pay More Attention.
Or just stay indoors.

So far:
"from all of us here, we wish you a happy painting, and God bless you, my friend"

2 comments:

Schnuggi said...

Oh man, das hat aber jemand was durch...
mitfühlende Grüße =)

Paulchen said...

Don`t worry!
I can imagine that something like this would happen to me, too!
But reading this I had to laugh!
Its funny written and i can imagine how you felt like...
Go on writing some stuff like this. (Its not because I am a mean person, its because you are a funny one ;-)
hug