Tuesday, March 24, 2009

my fiancé is

... a graduate physicist!!!

Robert's defense was yesterday and it was a successful one. I am so proud of him and I was way more nervous than he was. We didn't celebrate yet, besides having a relaxed evening watching "Pretty Woman" on TV. But we're planning to have a night out at the end of the week.
So now, we are 99% moving to BCity in the course of this year. It will be strange to say goodbye to our old university town, full of wonderfull experiences and friends, and start a new phase of our lives in a completely unfamiliar city. We'll see how we manage...
This afternoon I'm meeting up with Franzl, whom I haven't seen since our concert at the end of January as she never seems to find the time to attend choir-meetings on Wednesdays.
I am thinking about going into town (where I'll meet Franzl) by bike, as it's wonderful out in the sun. On the other hand, some hours ago there was sleet on the balcony and the weather does look unsettled. I've still got some time left so we'll see...

For now:
"from all of us here, we wish you a happy painting, and God bless you, my friend"

1 comment:

M. said...

COOL, I forgot to ask you about his status today, but I intended.
And... you're MOVING? o_O ???????