Wednesday, March 11, 2009

though shallst not

... eat spaghetti with butter and cinnamon in close proximity to thine laptop!
Otherwise the laptop will be splattered with butter and you will have to spend half an hour cleaning it up. Just as I did this afternoon.

... brew thine coffee stronger than thine heart is!
Otherwise your heart is going to flutter and you will feel like it is trying to break out of your chest. Quite like mine did today.

... stay up until past 4 am!
Otherwise you will be tired and restless and might have a bit of a stomach ache all day. Which describes my own condition rather well.

Nevertheless, I spend a pleasant day.
I went to the Brummels and got an update on Mrs. B's life. What a woman! Never stands still for one minute, she does! We agreed on me coming back for the summer time and I am very, very happy about it. I hope everything will work out fine.
After missing the next train back into town I spend my time of waiting with drawing up a to-do list for the next few days. Quite some steep hills ahead of me... When I finally got into town I met up Robert and together we finished his diploma thesis. It's done!!!
Tomorrow he is going to BCity by train (poor bloke has to get up at 5!) to get in touch with his potential new doctoral adviser and working group. He's got to give a presentation on his thesis and I think he will do alright.
Unfortunately, due to finishing the paper - and having to print out three copies - we didn't manage to join the choir-crowd at the k2. It was just way too late and Robert was particularly tired (easily understood).

Now, as I am quite tired, too, I will follow the third "commandment" of today and go to bed.
So until next time:

"from all of us here, we wish you a happy painting, and God bless you, my friend"

No comments: